Education around the world
Terminology Resources on Education around the globe
- Analytic Quality Glossary — An international glossary of issues related to quality in higher education (Quality Research International).
- The European Training Thesaurus: a multilingual synopsis [PDF] — An online tool enabling those working in education, training and employment to have a common understanding of terms. It helps individuals and experts who need fast and easy terminological support to search for and translate terms and concepts used in vocational education and training (VET).
- Terminology of European education and training policy — This multilingual glossary defines 130 key terms used in European education and training policy.
- UNESCO Thesaurus — A controlled and structured list of terms used in subject analysis and retrieval of documents and publications in the fields of education, culture, natural sciences, social and human sciences, communication and information.
- UNTERM — A multilingual terminology database maintained jointly by the main duty stations and regional commissions of the United Nations system.
References on Education around the Globe
- Agence universitaire de la Francophonie — A group of 944 universities, grandes écoles, university networks, and scientific research centres using the French language, in 116 countries [in French].
- International Association of Universities (IAU) — Created under the auspices of UNESCO in 1950, IAU is a membership-based organization serving the global higher education community through: expertise and trends analysis, publications and portals, advisory services, peer-to-peer learning, events, global advocacy.
- Commonwealth Education Online — Resources and links to education-related Commonwealth organizations, including links on education and Commonwealth member countries’ education ministries.
- ENIC-NARIC Networks — Official site of Signatory States of the Lisbon Convention on the recognition of qualifications; it provides access to the national websites of the education systems of these countries.
- Eurydice — A network of 42 national units based in all 38 countries of the Erasmus+ programme. Our task is to explain how education systems are organized in Europe and how they work.
- World Higher Education Database (HED) Portal — Online reference tool (published by the IAU) that provides up-to-date, authoritative and comprehensive information on global higher education systems, credentials and over 18,400 higher education institutions in 196 countries and territories, using information made available by the competent national bodies. Note : Full access by subscription only. On the map, click on the country of your choice to consult the information made publicly available.
Send us an email if you have comments on the above resources, or suggestions to make.